Fossanova “Slow-Trekking” in a unique and evocative atmosphere
You will be welcomed in the medieval village of Fossanova, in the province of Latina, where you could admire the imposing Cistercian Abbey and walk through the characteristic alleys. You can also enjoy its exceptional local products, including Buffalo Mozzarella and see artisans working in artistic creations.
The Cistercian Abbey dates back to the 13th century and is considered the first example of Gothic-Cistercian architecture in Italy, where St. Tommaso D’Aquino spent his last days.
This “purple village” will surprise you with its peaceable atmosphere. Fossanova is a place to take refuge from the city’s stress.
Accompanied by a guide you can visit the Abbey, the medieval village and make a pleasant walk that will allow you to admire the scenery along the Amaseno River (10 Km), between cork and holm plantations.
Then you will arrive at the San Martino Natural Park, which houses a charming sixteenth-century Castle. In the Park you will be able to refresh (with lunch in the bag) in an equipped area.
09.30 am near the village of Fossanova (Priverno-LT).
ROAD INDICATIONS FOR REACHING
- By car from Via Strada Statale (Via Appia), Via Pontina / SR148 and Via Migliara 51
- By train from Roma Termini or Napoli Centrale; stop at Priverno-Fossanova station.
Adults and boys of 11 years: € 20,00
The fee includes: visit Abbey and the village of Fossanova; historical-environmental guide; technical organization and assistance from travel agency
The fee does NOT include: transport, extra, lunch and what is not included in the “quota includes” item.
- Minimum participiants: 8 persons
- Recommended clothing: comfortable sporty
- Degree of difficulty: tourist-easy (also suitable for children and elderly)
- The excursion takes place in favorable weather conditions: in case of cancellation, a refund or arrange may be requested at another scheduled time. The program may undergo variations due to technical reasons not dependent on our will.
- Before making a reservation, please contact the secretary by mail or telephone to confirm the excursion and how to proceed
We organize on request on dates to be agreed:
- Personalized excursions according programs on request
- Possibility to stay in convection facilities (see “Paths of taste“)
- GROUPS or SCHOOL: only by reservation, please contact the Secretariat of the Cooperativa Il Sentiero
Obligatory Online Booking
We suggest you to use reservation form and payment at the top of the page.
For reservations, in blocks here up, you must:
PAYPAL payment system allows you to pay ON LINE WITH ANY CREDIT CARD in the next window by clicking on “… do not you have a PayPal account?”
For further information, call Il Sentiero +39.345.07 94 416 or send an email to email@example.com
There are no reviews yet.