“Palmarola, which I consider one of the most beautiful lands in the planet, emerged from the sea “
Palmarola is a craggy, mostly uninhabited island in the Tyrrhenian Sea off the west coast of Italy. It is the second largest of the Pontine Islands and located about 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) west from Ponza.
Palmarola has an extremely rocky coast dotted with natural grottos, bays, cliffs, and crags. The island is primarily a nature reserve, but there are a handful of ports where boats can land and several restaurants that cater to tourists during the summer season. A few small beaches exist.
The famous French explorer and oceanographer Jacques-Yves Cousteau appointed Palmarola as “The most Beautiful Island in the Mediterranean Sea”
Pope Silverius was exiled to and died on Palmarola in 537.
A day at the beach following the prehistoric Obsidian Road, sailing from Circeo to Ponza, from Ponza we will sail by a private motorboat for the 5 hours cruise of the Palmarola island. The motorboat is not for the exclusive use of our group.
A trip around the islands of Palmarola, to swim in the most beautiful sea of the Pontine Islands and enjoy the unique and precious island heritage, led by an expert naturalist guide. and it will be offered a lunch.
Lunch on board consists of a course of pasta and drinks ( water, wine and coffee ), there are no solutions for vegans, allergies, etc. for obvious organizational reasons.
Boarding Area 8.15 / Porto San Felice Circeo (LT)
ONE-DAY tour (return at San Felice Circeo Port at 07.00 pm approx)
HOW TO ARRIVE:
- By car from Latina or Rome to the Port of San Felice Circeo
- Via Strada Statale 7 (Via Appia)
- Via Pontina / SR 148
- Adults (and boys/girls from 13 years) €
- Reduced from 3 to 12 years €
- Until 2 years free when accompanied by 2 paying adults.
- Transfer to fast motonave for Ponza from S. Felice Circeo (round trip)
- Operator assistance for boarding from the Port of San Felice Circeo
- Boat excursion from island of Ponza to Palmarola (round trip)
- Lunch on board
- Upon returning, a guided tour of the old town of Ponza is scheduled.
- Technical organization and booking services of travel agency
Price does not include:
- Shipping, extra and as not stated in the fee includes
- There is no tour guide
- Clothing recommendation: beach clothes, suncream, hat, bathing suit.
- Degree of difficulty: Tourist. Also suitable for children, not recommended for people with severe motor disabilities.
- The tour is confirmed only in good weather conditions. In case of bad weather or sea conditions, ask for a refund or arrange for a new tour following our calendar.
- The program may undergo variations due to technical reasons not dependent on our will.
- We organize on request on dates to be agreed:
- Hiking trip on the island of Ponza (groups of min. 15 pers.)
- Personalized excursions according programs on request
- Possibility to stay on the island in convection facilities
- GROUPS or SCHOOL: only by reservation, please contact the Secretariat of the Cooperativa Il Sentiero
Obligatory Online Booking
We suggest you to use reservation form and payment at the top of the page.
For reservations, in blocks here up, you must:
- specify the number for each age group of participants;
- click on the day chosen for the visit;
- click preferred time that will appear in the bottom of the box;
- then the button “Book now” will activate (only if there are still available places;
- after clicking on the purple icon “book now“, follow the reservation in the “basket“;
- fill the form with your billing details and make payment.
PAYPAL payment system allows you to pay ON LINE WITH ANY CREDIT CARD in the next window by clicking on “… do not you have a PayPal account?”
For further information, call Il Sentiero +39.345.07 94 416 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For groups of 15 adults or more we organize customized tour. For information write to email@example.com or call +39 345 07 94 416
There are no reviews yet.