Zannone is an island in the Tyrrhenian Sea off the west coast of Italy, and is part of the Pontine Islands, administratively in the comune of Ponza. The entire island is about 1 square kilometre (0.4 square miles) in size and about 10 km (6 mi) from Ponza Island.
The island is uninhabited but supervised by the Forestry Service, which maintains a station on top of Monte Pellegrino, the highest point on the island, there are ruins of a Benedictine convent dating to the 13th century. However, there are no tourist facilities and camping or overnight stays are prohibited although no special permit is required to visit the island.
It is a daily round trip tour WITH A GUIDE which begins at the Boarding Area of Porto San Felice Circeo. We will reach Ponza by sailing in an hour . From Ponza we will sail by a private boat.
The boat is not for the exclusive use of our group
The program includes a visit of Zannone Island,
A day at the beach following the prehistoric Obsidian Road, sailing from Circeo to Ponza and then to Zannone with a boat and a reserved guide.. Hours and hours of swimming in the most beautiful sea of the Pontine Islands.
A visit of the preserved nature of Zannone Island, protected by Circeo National Park since 1979. Trees, lavenders …, unique animals and Mouflons, the historical Roman remains, medieval and modern buildings up to the events of indescribable remains on the island.
Stops will be made for swimming and a lunch will be served on board.. (There are no solutions for vegans, allergies, etc. for obvious organizational reasons);
Lunch on board consists of a first pasta dish with drinks – water, wine and coffee – served at meal time
Upon returning, a guided tour of the old town of Ponza is scheduled.
Boarding Area 8.15 / Porto San Felice Circeo (LT)
ONE-DAY tour (return at Porto San Felice Circeo at 07.00 p.m. approx)
HOW TO ARRIVE:
- By car from Latina or Rome to the Port of San Felice Circeo
- Via Strada Statale 7 (Via Appia)
- Via Pontina / SR 148
- Adults (and boys/girls from 12 years) €
- Reduced from 3 to 12 years €
- Until 2 years free when accompanied by 2 paying adults (on consumption lunch with payment on the spot).
- Minimum participants each group: 10 participants (paying adults)
- Clothing recommendation: beach clothes, suncream, hat, bathing suit.
- Degree of difficulty: Tourist. Also suitable for children, not recommended for people with severe motor disabilities.
- The tour is confirmed only in good weather conditions. In case of bad weather or sea conditions, ask for a refund or arrange for a new tour following our calendar.
- The program may undergo variations due to technical reasons not dependent on our will.
Please contact the secretary by mail or by phone to confirm the excursion and how to proceed, before you make the reservation, considering the variability of the weather and organizational conditions imposed on the shipping companies regardless of our organization.
We suggest you to use reservation form and payment at the top of the page.
For reservations, in blocks here up, you must:
PAYPAL payment system allows you to pay ON LINE WITH ANY CREDIT CARD in the next window by clicking on “… do not you have a PayPal account?”
For any further information, call Il Sentiero +39.345.07 94 416 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no reviews yet.